Monday, October 21, 2013

Tathagata

Which album gives you the goosebumps every time listening to it? Some say Second birth reincarnation CD, it will give you the creep. It works your mind as if you are going through the phase to get out the circle of kharma. Many say you could not go to bed after listening to it. I disfavor this type of mind disturbing music. Little musical value.



Tathagata is a Sanskrit word, meaning one who has thus come/gone. While I do not proclaim my proficiency in Sanskrit, music has proven to be a universal language. This is an award winning CD, composed by the dean of Shanghai Conservatory of Music, Mr He Xuntian.

The line of world music or native music is rather blur, Mr He employed a lot of native music instruments in his works. There is also some sitar play here and there, an Indian influence that led me to Tibetan music.

Fans of sound effect, you will find some brilliant sound effects, vicious thunder, lightning and borderless sound field. No walls can hold up to this magnificent CD. The thunder strikes (CD in play) is as real as can be. Your neighbor will hate you every time you play this CD for the false alarm. I felt the urge to turn down the volume fearing the track might blow my speakers. The visceral thunder show no mercy. I can only imagine this CD play on mega system, this will definitely shake pants.

Guys, if you want to impress your guests, this is it. Tathagata can keep your Manger Test disc back  on your shelves. Beware, the whole thing will collapse if your amp aren't up to the task. Me, this is not my type. Furthermore, my system could not cut it.




No comments: