Monday, May 1, 2017

Happy Labour Day

Friends advised that a second Frank Power Bank will do a lot of good to my system, I say play it by ear. They know the ropes because they all got two serving units or otherwise their comment will fall on deaf ears. When comes to money, I'll do my due diligence, you'll too I suppose. Spending myself out of troubles is not typically me, it's my last resort. It is the easiest way out but not always the solution. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and it is easy to see the audiophiles get crazy over the hardware upgrade. Reading the audio reviews is adding fuel to fire, your burning desire will be unstoppable.

I can't stress enough of sonic optimizing. Tweaking and fine tuning are essential to attain a desirable sound, even tuning after a fine tuning. We are responsible for our systems, how we voice our system as much as the speaker designers voice their speakers. Take heed, blame no one except yourself. Even the world best speakers will "submit" to the new set of parameters they are homed in.

They say everything happens for a reason. The time is right now, bring on my second Frank Power Bank. Frank's boys came to install my unit. I wanted my second unit to be placed at the opposing wall of my first unit. The creator advised the length shouldn't exceed 7 meters, any further will have its performance compromised. So, 7 meters it is, the adjoining power cables went directly into my sub-distribution box. Another concerning matter, the different lengths of power cable work in favor to me because they produce a better result, says the wizard. Well, I have no answer to this. Honestly, I got pretty nervous about people walking around my system that could displace my tweaking. A note worth mentioning; both Power Banks were rested on an isolated piece of granite. It sounded to my liking, maximum dynamic, minimum sluggishness. I'm a big fan of dynamic.

It is said the promised performance will come after the 6th hours but I was disappointed. Cold soggy ramen sucks. The sound was like a train running on and off the rail, so many peculiarities that I can't live with. Frank told me the Power Banks will receive a second blossom in 200th hours. We shall see.

About 160 hours of powered up, things are beginning to take shape. Fair enough, I started my critical listening only at 200th hour. Holy cow! I was pinned in my seat. I have been run down by a buffalo sonically. Be it timbral or textural concern, there was marked improvements. The first impression is spontaneous, often right. Remarkably bodied, this didn't go unnoticed. Some relate this to realism, the images are coming out from the woods, yes, they're coming out with convincing depth.

I was blown away by how my bass was manifested. The new leash of power, I didn't have wait long for the crescendo to reaffirm my impressions on the command and authority. Like it or not, a seismic bass is the undisputed test of audiophile approval, universally. On Alborada del Gracioso composed by Maurice Ravel, the timpani drums produced an astonishing scale-like and layered resonance never before heard in my system. The immediate bass impact was hugely reassuring, followed by a lengthier fading. However, the real test is the successive timpani stroke, whether the successive strokes maintaining the composure. I must say here, I'm happy with what I hear. It is a failure if the bass is playing the catch-up.

Power Bank audibly reduced noise floor. In the stillness in the musical passage, a quirkiness like the cloud of dust under a spotlight emerges. Listen, I'm not trying to pull your leg, the CD playback for long been accused of the restrained, sparseness, and inadequate bass delivery, now I know it's untrue. Mostly, the inability to reproduce the wholesome bass causes the brighter sound. The screwed tonal balance is the area you should correct.

Takes two to tango, two Power Banks in this case. The explode of information overwhelmed my brain. So much more nuances, longer sustains, floaty notes, splendor and et cetera goaded the rhythm. High octane music will groove you, your heart goes in sync with the rhythm. But, I can't vouch for your preference. Personally, I'll yawn with a rhythm hampered system. The plucked strings that lose their snappiness like a curry lose its spiciness, homogenous tone.

Gracious and elegance are never easy to describe (sonically). Perhaps, the effortlessness would fit the context. Upon the revelation of Power Banks, I come to apprehend the flow resistance of electro-signal in the link. Picture this, grease and bearings work hand in hand. On this matter, Power Banks acts as an ever-ready power reservoir, meeting the sudden surge of current demand at the complex passages. No complications with Power Banks. Furthermore, Power Banks treat the whole system instead of specific equipment, in short, you get the maximum effect which brings us the most asked question; power amp or Frank Power Bank, which to upgrade? Rule of thumb is, if your amp is up to the task, get Frank Power Banks, if not, upgrade your amp instead

Conclusions

Long story short, while it is not plain simple 1+1=2, I'd predict a 1.7 or 1.8 to be on the more optimistic side. What concerns me most is the peculiarity of which my worries are unfounded. Bass, the flesh, depth, dynamic, rhythm and effortless in a single package. They unclipped my system's wings, I am truly living my audio dream. Lastly, I'm not in any way affiliated with the FV Euroaudio or any other manufacturers, your mileage may vary. Happy Labour Day.

Unwrapping Frank Power Banks

The facet of Frnak Power Bank

The butt of Frank Power Bank

The heart of Frank Power Bank

Frank Power Bank at work

The adjoining cables 

No comments: