Monday, March 23, 2020

A breath of fresh air

Lao Tzu says logic has its place in human affairs but it isn't everything There's a limit to what we can understand through rationality and reasoning. To transcend that limit, we need to engage our intuition fully. I believe there are many challenges ahead of time that science as of today couldn't answer. Science rationalizes everything while empirical studies based on perception, both meeting at the middle road? Not a chance.

Our aural system captures the sound in the form of energy. These steady stream of vibes or pulses have no meaning by themselves until they are given meaning by our brain. Our memory accumulates knowledge, senses, events and feelings since born. A steady stream of fresh knowledge constantly depositing into our memory, this process accomplishes in lightspeed. It's a lifelong process, the older one accumulated a bigger wealth of memory to help to facilitate better decision making. Older is wiser isn't entirely true. Active learning accelerates our knowledge bank growth. So, if one listens to an instrument unheard of, there isn't anything for him to fall upon to make a comparison. This fresh knowledge will be stored in our knowledge bank.

Soundwave is in the form of energy, lesser resistance promotes greater propagation. This is no rocket science. Too many objects in a room create poor aerodynamics, hence, the congestion. What some might not experience, for real, the details are buried in the course of acoustic chaos sees the finer harmonics walk pass your door. This is my real story. I kid you not, you got to try to experience it. It's a simple principle not easy to execute. Now, by raising the speakers, even the speaker stands from the ground by at least two inches, come experience the liberty of sound.

I didn't stop there, I went further to raise every object in my room up. Tight corners make this exercise difficult, I can tell you that. A backbreaking exercise nevertheless. Nothing is floored. I recollect my findings the event raising my power supplies from the floor probably a year ago. The sound opened up considerably. Not that my speakers were sitting on the floor, they were on lower spikes. Somehow that experience didn't hammer the idea through our head. If only I took a step further there and then, I'd have arrived at a breath of fresh air earlier.

Wow! Careful I must not allow my honeymoon phase runs over me. No sir. Well, let's me self-indulge a bit long while before I fall back on earth. For God sake, you don't strike gold every day. I very well knew that I have arrived at a higher plateau (of sound) and looking at a second peak. Last and not least, the challenges will always around, it's how we respond to them. Your choice.



No comments: