Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Alpha and Omega

Testing 123, Testing 123, Testing 123.

My first visitor is from The Dalles, Oregon, US, Wednesday, August 15 @ 10:50.

Changing the blog address does not entirely exclude the old followers from accessing this blog. I left too many links that if they looked hard enough, they will finally find me. Thus, I need to start a new clean blog.

This new blog promises more interesting write ups, more tweaks, more kiss ass stories. Life is too short for dull stories. One thing is certain, I can't write like the guys in 6 moons and I make no apologies for that.

Buying rig based on rave reviews is like shooting in the dark, you do not have any idea the reviewer preference. We all listen differently. In order to avoid this, I make it a point to outline my parameters, my rigs, my music preference and my tweaks.


Source : Marantz CD 94 MkII. The servo clock has been upgraded to 1PPM and the stock figure 8 power cord has been upgraded to IEC.
DAC processor : A DIY DAC based on DIR9001+PMD100+PCM63P-K (Japan), 6 independent power supplies in two box construction. MSB Link III Full Nelson and P1000 separate power supply is being retired
Pre amp : Current resident pre amp is Lighter Note, light dependent resistors volume attenuator. My pre is fitted with remote control volume control for the comfort of use.
Power amp : LMos 150, 150W 4 pairs of discontinued Hitachi mosfet based stereo amp.
Speaker : Revel Performa F32
Cabling : Source to dac, Sommer interconnect,
              DAC to pre, Sommer interconnect,
              Pre to power, DIT XLO interconnect
              Power to speaker, Canare speaker cable ( mid and highs), Sommer speaker cable (bass)
Power cord :  Source, HMS power cord
                      DAC, Shunyata Copperhead power cord
                      Power, HMS power cord
Accessory : 4KVa Balanced transformer, M5 sine wave corrector, Schumann harmoniser, ebony wood block, resonance spike
Voltage is 230V 60Hz, 3V tolerance all day.
Room size : approx. 16'x10'x 9' (a taper ceiling), air conditioned and carpeted.
Speaker positioning :  53.0" from front wall, 17.5" from side wall, seating is 106" from the mid point between the speakers. The speakers are toed in to the point that 1cm inner speaker box is visible from the seating position. All positioning are calibrated with water spirit and light reflection.

My music preference primarily vocal, acoustics, jazz and classical, and all others except heavy metal, hip hop and techno. Listening volume mostly wanders around 70dB. No traces of boom. A modest cost system at best.

My system tonal flavor walks slightly on the warmth side of neutral, the balance of dense and nimbleness, transparency and spaciousness, a healthy and elegant demeanor of sound.

I hope you will enjoy this blog as much as I post. I also have a reputation to uphold.


No comments: